The best of Samantha Bee from the Daily Show (video)

A compilation of the best of Samantha Bee, from the Daily Show.
Samantha-BeeSamantha Bee has always been my favorite on the Daily Show.  Though I do have to say, I’ve never been a fan of John Oliver’s segments (or anyone else other than the relatively new guy, Aasif Mandvi, who totally cracks me up), but Oliver is amazing at the guest host during Stewart’s absence.

Which makes me wonder whether they’ve got him doing the wrong job as correspondent, or whether the writers truly do write the show (which wouldn’t explain who writes his role as correspondent).

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
Get More: Daily Show Full Episodes,Indecision Political Humor,The Daily Show on Facebook

11 Responses to “The best of Samantha Bee from the Daily Show (video)”

1. Hue-Man says:

The following shocking news item is only slightly off-topic: “Russell Peters is Forbes’ third-highest earning comedian”
    “The Brampton, Ont., comedian is said to have pulled in $21 million US over the one-year period beginning June 2012, with Forbes’ earnings number being based on estimates of pretax gross income compiled with help from agents, lawyers and others in the industry.

Jerry Seinfeld topped the list with $32 million US, followed by Las Vegas ventriloquist Terry Fator, who hauled in $24 million US. Rounding out the Top 10 were Jeff Dunham, Louis C.K., Kevin Hart,
    Larry the Cable Guy, George Lopez, Daniel Tosh, Gabriel Iglesias and Ron White.” http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/story/2013/07/11/peters-russell-forbes-comedy-list.html

Here he explains how to become a Canadian citizen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOm-15621bs
    (Two other Canadian comics with Indian parent(s) to check out, Sugar Sammy (Montreal) and Shaun Majumder (Newfoundland).)

2. GaiusPublius says:

John,

Oliver has a writer’s credit as well as being on-air. Oliver is an excellent writer. Subscribe to The Bugle podcast, his long-running weekly effort with Andy Salzman, for terrific weekend fun.

GP

3. Sweetie says:

This “best of” isn’t very good at all. For instance, practically the entire “Cash Cow” sequences was brilliant and the only thing they put in was a teeny-tiny ending bit that makes no sense without the context.

4. citizen_spot says:

I still think one of her best segments is “news I’d like to f*&k”.

5. Hue-Man says:

As Canadians, Samantha and Jason bring an outsider’s view of American politics that shapes their delivery but also probably affects the writing. I wonder whether John Oliver’s success as host is from the writers bringing their A game and trying something new. It must be easy to get into a rut with a long-running host, knowing exactly what he likes and doesn’t like. Oliver also has years of shows to look at to gauge audience response, something John Stewart didn’t have when he was getting started.

The Daily Show often takes a full-voiced stand on issues while the Washington press poodles say nothing, fearing “loss of access”.

6. bucadonebuvi says:

мy coυѕιɴ ιѕ мαĸιɴɢ $51/нoυr oɴlιɴe. υɴeмployed ғor α coυple oғ yeαrѕ αɴd prevιoυѕ yeαr ѕнe ɢoт α $1З619cнecĸ wιтн oɴlιɴe joв ғor α coυple oғ dαyѕ. ѕee мore αт…­ ­ViewMore——————————————&#46qr&#46net/kkEj

I can’t find the video, but Sam illustrates it as, “Oil is
    drilled. Some inevitably spills onto the ground, where it is consumed by
    animals, which then die and are buried, and millions of years later
    they turn into oil to be drilled… and the circle of life continues.”

7. cole3244 says:

she may be crazy but she’s left of center crazy and i dig it.

8. Sweetie says:

I like Bee better.

Re: John Oliver: I also think he’s done a great job as guest host. A little uneven at first, and I think he’s still feeling his way on the ad-libs, but on the other hand he’s waaaaaay better than Jon Stewart was during his first six months to a year as host of TDS.

As I said the other day, while I love Samantha Bee and think she’s hilarious (I’m surprised they didn’t include her ‘Circle of Life’ piece on oil drilling*), I believe Jessica Williams is the one to keep an eye on for future great things.

* = I can’t find the video, but Sam illustrates it as, “Oil is drilled. Some inevitably spills onto the ground, where it is consumed by animals, which then die and are buried, and millions of years later they turn into oil to be drilled… and the circle of life continues.”

She is hilarious! It took a while to catch on to Oliver, I think because of the accent, but I think he is brilliant and glad he got the chance to shine. He is very funny.

11. Houndentenor says:

I LOVE Samantha Bee! Her parody of what passes for a television reporter these days is dead-on and hilarious. I also think she and Jason Jones are a super-hot and hilarious power couples.