Best (chocolate) book trailer ever (video)

How do you market a book, and how do you do it with a video?

This video trailer for a new chocolate recipe book by the Mast Brothers is pure genius. It’s fun, inventive, goofy, interesting, and shows you just enough chocolate food to make you want to know more.  (And yes, we do get a portion of the proceeds if you buy the book via that link.)

mast-brothers

Yeah, it’s a tad too long, but it’s awfully inspired, and well done. And it got me wanting to buy the book.  Seriously, I’m going to read into it later today, but am thinking of getting it. I LOVE baking, and chocolate goes without saying.

20 Responses to “Best (chocolate) book trailer ever (video)”

1. pappyvet says:

Chocolate! My downfall but what a way to go .

“And someone in my brain looked under ‘chocolate cake’ and saw the ingredients. Eggs! Eggs are in chocolate cake! And milk! Oh goody! And wheat! That’s nutrition!”

3. Zorba says:

So, Egan, do you throw your print newspaper away because it also has articles about sports, a “style” section, movie, TV, music, other visual and performance arts reviews, restaurant reviews, comics, science articles, a food section, maybe a health section, and so forth?
    Give me a f*cking break. You try making your living from a blog, and then get back to us.

4. I still need to google these guys and look for a review of the book, as I’m definitely intrigued.

5. I know, only 7 of 10 posts on the home page are about politics, and only 9 out of ten posts on the first archive page. It’s almost as if you can’t find anything about politics on this site, well, except on the home page and on every single archive page :)

It’s common practice in the news business, especially political news, to break things up from time to time with a fun story about something else, since if every story is about how much we hate the republicans or the religious right, and how women, blacks, gays, and Latinos are suffering, after a while you burn out and don’t want to read any more.

That, and I had an eye doctor’s appointment this afternoon, so you got a fun video about chocolate instead of a substantive post so that I could ensure that I keep my retinas :)

PS Because I routinely work 14 hour days, Sunday to Thursday, on this site, the weekends are fun video days unless a HUGE story hits. Even God took Sunday off.

6. 2patricius2 says:

A little bit of chocolate
    to start the day off right.
    A tiny bit of chocolate
    to close the day at night.
    A morsel of good chocolate
    to gladden when you’re sad.
    A nice big chunk of chocolate
    to comfort when you’re sad.

Good chocolate is ambrosia,
    a gift from Goddess fair.
    And chocolate milk is nectar
    to wash away all cares.
    So have a taste of chocolate,
    and brighten up your day.
    Just have a bite of chocolate
    and gaily go your way.

Must have!

We’re liberals, we love life! Too bad about you.

9. lars69 says:

Hip$$ter chocolate.

And Space Science Sunday open threads. ;-)

I now have a concern about finding beard hair in my chocolate. There’s actually a very good chance that I will. I have a beard.

Don’t forget Pandas, kitties, and very cute anything! :-)

ppppffffttt fun hater

And kitties.

15. 2patricius2 says:

Let’s see. Chocolate cake. The perfect food. Grain – flour. Vegetables – cocoa beans & sugar beets & corn sugar. Dairy and protein – milk & cream.

16. Cletus says:

Having Reggie Watts, Adrian Grenier and Thomas Keller do cameos for you doesn’t hurt either.

17. emjayay says:

Man does not live by politics alone. Also, chocolate and doggies.

18. Egan Foote says:

Is this even a political blog anymore? What happened?