Possible huge new meteor storm Saturday morn 2AM-4AM ET

NASA is reporting a huge new meteor storm named “the May camelopardalids” may be visible this Saturday between 2am and 4am Eastern time US.

Some say there may be as many as 200 meteors per hour, or even as many as 1,000 if there’s an exceptionally good burst.

The meteors should emanate from a faint cluster of stars near the North Star, called the camelopardalids. You should be able to see that cluster due north of you, up in the sky. Here’s a nice sky chart, courtesy of Sky and Telescope:

may-camelopardalids-where

The meteor storm could start early or go late.

And here, courtesy of a NASA video I share below, you can see what that portion of the sky will look like at 1am and 2am ET Saturday morning:

camelopardalids-1am

camelopardalids

NASA has a video about the meteor shower here:

NOTE FROM JOHN: Please share our content on social media, including Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Tumblr, Google+, Pinterest and beyond. When you share our stories, you help bring us visitors, which increases our ad revenue and helps to keep this site afloat. Thanks for your help. JOHN

19 Responses to “Possible huge new meteor storm Saturday morn 2AM-4AM ET”

1. MollyMackopo321 says:

what Ralph
    answered I’m in shock that some people can earn $6365 in 4 weeks on the computer
    . visit the site F­i­s­c­a­l­p­o­s­t­.­C­O­M­

2. mertcan25 says:

Site Hakkında: Açıklamalar adı altında yayın hayatına başlayan internet sitesine hoşgeldiniz. Bu internet sitesi, KT LİFT KALDIRMA VE TAŞIMA SİSTEMLERİ Firması tarafından hazırlanan bir sitedir. Sitede, firmanın sağlamış olduğu tüm hizmet ve ürünler hakkında detaylı bilgiler elde edebilirsiniz.
    Akülü istif makinası, Zincirli vinç, transpaletler ve çok daha fazlası KT Lift Kaldırma ve Taşıma sistemleri tarafından müşterilerine sunulmaktadır. Tüm bu ürünlere ait çok sayıda resime ve teknik verilere vincpalet.com akülü istif makinası sitesi sayesinde ulaşabilirsiniz.

3. YazmineWiltshireoan321 says:

as Thelma
    explained I cannot believe that a stay at home mom can make $7420 in four weeks
    on the internet . more info here R­e­x­1­0­.­C­O­M­

4. Bill_Perdue says:

I went out to the canyons with my binocs but it was raining. It only rains when something cool is happening.

5. mchenryjason says:

my bf’s
    dad just got a twelve month old Saab 9-3 Sedan only from part time off a
    computer. have a peek at this website ➤➤➤➤➤➤ http://www.works77.ℂℴm

6. If I be awake tonight and it be clear, I would enjoy seeing this shower.

7. LanceThruster says:

It has all been foretold by the blood moon!

And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

8. jomicur says:

If you’re the kind that dispenses Reese’s peanut butter cups, I’ll be your first customer. ;-)

9. cole3244 says:

how about a leper that sells vending machines or something.

10. LanceThruster says:

I think the blood moon was supposed to be a less regular occurrence. IIRC, the next one will be in Oct.

11. jomicur says:

Are you suggesting this is NOT a sign of the End Times? Blasphemy! God is going to turn you into a leper or a vending machine or something.

12. jomicur says:

There are usually one or two lunar eclipses per year. They’re really not especially rare or special (in the way the Jesus crowd keeps bleating about). You’ll have plenty more opportunities to see one.

13. therling says:

Gee, I hope we don’t wake up blind the next day and find that we’re being stalked by triffids.

14. marygoodwin14 says:

like Ralph responded
    I can’t believe that a mother can make $8372 in 4 weeks on the internet .
    view

W­­ℴ­ℛ­K­S­­7­7­­.­C­O­­ℳ­

15. disqus_tu7SEHpgGp says:

Any chance we can coax one, or more, into hitting the NRA headquarters? Would that be considered, Biblical?

16. cole3244 says:

can’t wait for the meteor storm and what the crazy’s make out of it, that will be interesting to say the least.

17. pappyvet says:

Wonderful !

That sounds wonderful. I’m more of a morning person than a night owl but that sounds like something I can make myself get up in the middle of the night to watch.

19. LanceThruster says:

Way cool. I missed the recent blood moon because I was exhausted but I will make a point to get a front row seat for this. I live in the high desert and our sky conditions are most always perfect.