Hugh Laurie sings “Unchain My Heart” (video)

I knew Hugh Laurie (of “House” fame) sung. But wow.

9 Responses to “Hugh Laurie sings “Unchain My Heart” (video)”

1. Sandra Taramtamtam says:

He sings alot, good voice btw.

2. OtterQueen says:

Loved him and Stephen Fry in “Jeeves & Wooster.” The rest of the cast was average, but the P G Wodehouse stories were great vehicles for Fry & Laurie. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqvddpX1uYA

3. Anyone who’s watched “A Bit of Fry and Laurie” knows that Laurie’s not bad at singing. I love that show–sort of like Monty Python if Monty Python were only two people.

“House” was OK for a season or two, medical howlers notwithstanding, but then the show bogged down with tedious subplots about the secondary characters’ private lives. (I stopped watching before the show, from what I’ve heard, ran completely off the rails.) As long as it was an episodic show purely about Hugh Laurie being a dick to people and squabbling with Robert Sean Leonard it was fine.

4. Krusher says:

I had no idea he could sing like that! I’m not crazy about House, but I love the old Fry and Laurie skits. What a man.

That’s my first thought whenever I see him.

6. freewayblogger says:

Be sure to check out his sketch comedy with Stephen Fry (“A Bit of Fry and Laurie”) if you haven’t already. And not a bad novelist either. Very few qualify for the term “Renaissance Man”, but Hugh Laurie’s one.

7. amordecosmos says:

I think you meant “I knew Hugh Laurie (of “The Black Adder fame”) could sing…”

8. eeyore says:

Aw, come on – it’s “sang”, not “sung”.

WOW Yummmm