CNBC and the ambling penis (video)

Res ipsa loquitur, vis-a-vis the video…

And obviously feel free to use these kind of posts as an open thread.

Oh, and totally unrelated to this thread, I also posted on Facebook a number of photos from last night’s picnic along the Seine. I have no idea if everyone can see my photos or not, but if so, you can check them out here.

Now on to CNBC.

cnbc-penis

20 Responses to “CNBC and the ambling penis (video)”

1. Yep! Every year.

2. Butch1 says:

Not once, but twice did it get past the censures. ;-)

You’re welcome, and thanks back at’cha.

4. quax says:

The last one is as intriguing as creepy. Brings home that Hitler’s social darwinism was completely mainstream at the time. Thanks for posting this.

5. olandp says:

John, are they doing the “beaches” along the Seine this year? Sometimes conceptual are is too wonderful!

6. olandp says:

Whenever any world leader meets with Putin there needs to be a gay pride flag in the background. If that Putin is photographed he would be in violation of his own law. I wonder if he would go to jail?

7. olandp says:

That was not what I expected.

8. Trust me, I considered not posting it, but it was just too damn funny

Whatever.

10. CandySweet says:

Find a millionaire man or woman for a serious relationship, welcome to___richfriends.C0M___the largest place for rich successful singles and those who interested in meeting them. Have a try and find singles who will exceed your expectations! :)

11. SkippyFlipjack says:

I forget, is Slate dreck because of that one thing Yglesias said once?

12. Houndentenor says:

Not the first Dick on CNBC and not the last. I know I used to work for bankers who said one thing in meetings and the opposite on CNBC.

13. SkippyFlipjack says:

THANK YOU for the video. jeez that’s funny. yes, in a high school way, sure it’s sophomoric humor, etc etc — but I can’t stop watching it and laugh every time.

Tonight’s open-thread offering is just two links, but they’re fun and probably both good for lots of wasted minutes.

Long ago, back in the 1930s, Rand McNally used to print these magnificent distillations of history and other topics in what they called “Histomaps.” In practice, they were multipage fold-outs which showed the flow of history in a particular context.

Yes, yes — it’s overly simplified and for damned sure betrays the cultural prejudices and sensibilities of the time. Still, I found them fascinating.

This one is the political history of the world. I guess the relative size of a people’s or nation’s share of the chart at any given time is supposed to represent, in general, their share of world dominance and power.

And here is a Histomap of evolution, with a copyright print date of 1942. And yes — there’s some seriously racist crap in there. In any event, I found it intriguing, and I hope you folks will, too.

Hat-tip to Slate, which apparently isn’t always dreck. A bit more about the background on Histomaps at this here linky-link.

15. sherman says:

LOL, I guess it’s good to feel like I’m back in high school occasionally.

16. nicho says:

Putin to visit Amsterdam. City puts pride flags on all city buildings and offices.

Hey, Barry, that’s how you do it.

17. cole3244 says:

deferment central aka cheney mini me’s.

18. keirmeister says:

And here I was thinking this was a joke video. No…that really happened. Too funny. :)

19. talibandan2010 says:

OUT: Dick in a Box
    IN: Dick on Your Back

OMG, that’s hilarious. (I’ll put up a longer open-thread post later…)