“If I don’t get any horsies, I won’t be able to wuv you anymore”

Little girl breaks up with her father because he won’t buy her her 16th My Little Pony toy.

She also calls him old.

“If I don’t get any horsies, I won’t be able to wuv you anymore”

my-little-pony

About 1:23 into the video is when Satan takes over.

28 Responses to ““If I don’t get any horsies, I won’t be able to wuv you anymore””

1. John Budewitz says:

That little bitch needs a really good spanking.

2. UFIA says:

Why is that mean old man not buying her some ponies?

Why won’t anyone think of the children?

She needs those ponies. Or those other horses, or something.
    It is just sensible that the old and mean man doesn’t deserve love, if he refuses to meet Princess Snowflakes needs.

She has plenty of time to learn more values from her dad who treats her like a person and allows her to wear pink dresses if she chooses to.

3. BillFromDover says:

She shoulda asked for an AR-15 instead.

It’s ponies now, but at 16 it will a convertible Jag.

Thank the gods my friends have a sense of humor!

6. glasper9 says:

If you listen carefully, she’s just echoing Dad’s self-centered mindset. His argument is just that she should be grateful for everything he’s already done for her. In other words, love /is/ transactional, it’s just that he’s already paid fair price for hers. It’s the American mindset in a nutshell.

By failing to assert his decision and stick to it, he’s encouraging her to play these games.

7. mirth says:

I think it’s a cute, albeit disturbing, video. At the same time I seriously hope Daddy did not buy her the My Little Pony or any other toy and once home explained in little kid talk why emotional manipulation isn’t always the best tactic.

But, to be fair to her, I remember how the prospect of a new My Little Pony could cause a good girl to go bad.

8. mirth says:

9. emjayay says:

Yeah, it’s not fair to make all kinds of judgements about this particular situation. Why were they videoing this in the first place? It is amazing how smart and able to make sort of logical arguements without resorting to crying or a tantrum or something a little human can be, and in that way she does represent good parenting. Anyway it does sound like the little tyke has way to much stuff already.

I have to admit, I suspect this might be staged. I’m reminded of that video from a few years back that turned out to be fake of a teenager pitching a hissy fit because her folks had given her the wrong color Lexus. (Really she should have objected to getting a Lexus in the first place.)

11. Elly says:

Wow – lots of harsh judgments, based on three minutes of staged banter with a three-year old.

When my kids were young, I talked to them – rather than at them – all the time. IMHO, there was no need to resort to the “iron fist” as long as they did not misbehave or act out. Not every situation requires a display of stern, “because I said so” display of parental authority.

As such, I see no harm/no foul in the above video. That little girl is clearly not getting her way – but she’s not crying, whining or melting down over it. Whatever else you can say about her parents, it’s clear that they’ve taught her self-control. Since this is for the cameras, “Dad” is almost certainly dragging out the conversation, yet she remains calm throughout. For a three-year old, that ain’t bad at all.

12. fletcher says:

The girl sounds like a member of the Tea Party.

13. Zorba says:

I had no problem bringing my kids when they were little into toy stores or toy aisles. They never acted like this, and I never would have allowed it if they tried to.
    Children need to be taught that they cannot get everything they want, and they have to learn to accept that, without issuing threats, or crying, or whining, or having a tantrum, etc.

14. milli2 says:

Parenting 101 tip: NEVER bring a child into a toy store, or anywhere near the toy aisles of any store.

And daddy makes two!

16. TheOriginalLiz says:

I suspect that the apple will not be falling far from the tree.

17. TheOriginalLiz says:

Horrible parenting.

18. HeartlandLiberal says:

Precisely, and that was why I went all serious in my earlier post. He is coaching her into an asocial, self-centered, selfish mindset.

I watched the video again and this time I listened more carefully to the dad. He’s teaching her to be a little snot. Well, that’s what I got out of it. He encouraged her to dialogue as if she were a grown up, he did not assert parental authority firmly, and he used the kind of logic and appeal to reason that has no correlative in the mind set of a 3 year old. What was he thinking? I suggest she’s daddy’s little princess, a sentient doll who will soon be appearing in toddler beauty queen pageants. Disgusting.

20. HeartlandLiberal says:

John, please comment. Did you find this cute? I do not. I find it indicative of everything wrong with how young people are raised nowadays. I retired from a major midwestern university a couple years ago. The current crop of incoming young students are the most spoiled, pampered, rotten crew I have ever seen. And their parents continue to spoil them into college. At one point, a friend who is the chief security officer for the uni told me they were contemplating creating logins for the parents of freshmen, because so many of the students insisted their parents must be able to access and help navigate them through the application and then the first few months of their college experience. Since everything is online not, his meant mommy and daddy needed access.

And what sort of person does this produce? See this post on DailyKos about the corruption and cronyism that American capitalism has become for your answer:

IPS found that more than one in three – actually 38 percent – of these top-paid CEOs led firms that were bailed out or failed in the 2008 financial crisis; paid fraud-related settlements or fines, or got fired – landing softly in a sizeable pile of go-away cash. […]

Twenty-seven of the best big bucks CEOs got fired, were forced to retire, or lost their jobs when their companies went belly up. Twenty-three of them, including those whose firms were failing or were charged with financial fraud, floated merrily away on golden parachutes. The average value of those go-away packages was $48 million. More bad work rewarded with big bucks.

So, really, not so cute I think.

21. SkippyFlipjack says:

Is this a viral promo for a remake of The Brood?

22. Bomer says:

Thankfully my nephews were never like that. Whenever they were out with me and wanted something and I wasn’t able to get it I would tell them so and they would go, “OK” and that was that. No complaints, or fits, or anything.

23. Jim Olson says:

This is why we don’t have children.

Take her out with a taser.

So that’s what passes for cute among today’s offspring, it’s Hobbesian without the scholarship. Justice Roberts would be pleased.

26. Phil says:

Sadly, she’ll go far in this world.

27. Zorba says:

Well, I realize that she’s very young, but this must be one of the most spoiled little brats that I have ever run across. She seems to have been groomed to become one of the next generation’s 1%.
    Maybe someone should submit her name to become the next Federal Reserve head, now that Larry Summers has withdrawn himself from consideration.
    Oy vey!

I know Breyers. If that little girl swaps her My Little Pony addiction for Breyers, her daddy’s credit card will be in BIG trouble.